Dr. Markham's Radio Show: "Secrets of Happy Parents"
Is Attachment Parenting for You?
Guest: Lysa Parker, co-author with Barbara Nicholson of Attached at the Heart
Guest Lysa Parker, co-author with Barbara Nicholson of Attached at the Heart: 8 Proven Parenting Principles for Raising Connected and Compassionate Children, and Director Emeritus of Attachment Parenting International, discusses Attachment Parenting. Topics covered include:
- What IS attachment parenting?
- Attachment Parenting International's eight principles
- Why Attachment Parenting raises kids who are more compassionate
- How parents can take care of themselves even when they're available 24/7 to their baby?
- How to attachment parent a baby and a toddler at the same time
- Myths and facts about attachment parenting
Aha Parenting Moment: When things with your child have gotten out of hand, try a “do-over”!
Listener Question: How to make the transition when a child leaves for college?
Secrets of Happy Parents: 12 ways to bring your family closer this Valentine’s Day
Guest Bio: Lysa Parker is the cofounder of Attachment Parenting International. She served as API’s longtime director and is now Director Emeritus. The founder of ParentsLifeLine.com, Lysa has a master's degree in Human Development, is a Certified Family Life Educator, and is a trained facilitator for the Nurturing Parenting Program. She’s a former special ed teacher and has worked as a La Leche League educator. A mother and grandmother, Lysa continues to do parent coaching, workshops, and public speaking engagements, including speaking about parenting as a prevention model for societal violence.