Dr. Markham's Radio Show: "Secrets of Happy Parents"
Don't Have Your Baby Until You Read This Book
Linda F. Palmer, author of The Baby Bond: The New Science Behind What's Really Important When Caring for Your Baby.
Guest: Dr. Linda Folden Palmer, author of The Baby Bond, The New Science Behind What's Really Important When Caring for Your Baby. Recent scientific discoveries about babies that every new mom and dad need to know, from attachment and nutrition to the cure for colic! Topics covered include:
- If you're about to have a baby, what do you need to know?
- Probiotics may be the cure for colic
- Why isn’t formula just as good as breastfeeding?
- Is breastfeeding also good for moms?
- What should parents know about co-sleeping?
- What are the latest scientific findings about SIDS?
- Why is the advice given by pediatricians different from scientific findings?
- What does science have to tell us about the impact of hormones on our parenting, and the impact of parenting practices on our hormones?
Aha Parenting Moment: How to nurture emotional intelligence in toddlers.
Listener Questions: How to stop big brother from clobbering little sib?
Secrets of Happy Parents: 10 Commitments That Will Make You a Better Parent!
Guest Bio: Dr. Linda Palmer consults and lectures on the science behind natural infant health choices and optimal child nutrition. After running a successful chiropractic practice focused on nutrition and women’s health for more than a decade, Linda’s research into her infant son’s health challenges led her to write Baby Matters. She recently updated and embellished her book and it's been re-released as The Baby Bond, The New Science Behind What's Really Important When Caring for Your Baby. She provides telephone consultations at her website, TheBabyBond.com. for infant colic, lactation difficulties, child nutrition, food allergy issues and attachment parenting challenges.